Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Tram View

The looming deadline of first term report cards, and the entire high school staff gone off on exciting Experience Week trips, meant that last weekend was the first weekend since I moved to Hong Kong where I made no plans. I had no obligations, no invitations, no engagements. I was socially commitment free and I spent the entire weekend with myself. It was wonderful.

Having a few errands to run on both Saturday and Sunday, I opted to take the tram instead of the crowded and speedy MTR (mass transit railway). I love the tram. If you get a seat up top, the view is fabulous. Fabulous for taking pictures. You can look up and around and down and see things happening all around you. Hong Kong Tramways was founded in 1904. It is the world's largest fleet of double-decker tramcars (2 antique wood) still in operation, carrying an average of 240,000 passengers every day! The fare is 2 Hong Kong dollars (roughly $0.25 CAD), and the route follows the north shore of Hong Kong Island, East to West.

Here are a couple photographs I took from the tram.

No comments: