Monday, February 23, 2009

Inspiration generation

When I look back on the 80's I remember so many inspirational influences. When I ask my students to reflect on their popular culture and interactions with the world outside our school, they can't come up with very many inspirational connections. Or maybe it's just that there are now too many, too accessible for them to really identify with one or two in particular. These past 2 weeks in class we have been looking at influential and inspirational music. I stumbled across this in my searches and it moved me. So I'm sharing it with you.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Sometimes it takes hindsight to see what inspired us. Perhaps they are too young or not exposed to enough reality of others less fortunate than themselves. At least that won't be true after having had you as a teacher for a year. I think many of your students may look back on this year and remember you as the thing that inspired them!